How would you like to attend an event at the original location of Plato’s Academy?
We’re delighted to officially announce the launch of the Plato’s Academy Centre project. Plato’s Academy Centre is a nonprofit organization, creating an international conference centre at the original location of Plato’s Academy, in Athens, Greece. We are also creating an online community for exploring the applications of Greek classical literature and philosophy to modern living.
[Plato’s Academy is] an inspiring and atmospheric place to visit. It would be wonderful to be able to meet with people and talk about ancient philosophy there, an iconic location in the history of Western thought.Dr. John Sellars, author of Lessons in Stoicism
What we’ve been doing
- We recently joined the Orange Grove incubator program, based in Athens, who will be supporting our startup phase
- Our core team has been formed, and a board of advisors has been established, which includes academics, authors, and experts
- The legal process of incorporating as a Civil Non-Profit Association (AMKE), will be completed by 1st Jan 2022
- We have been meeting stakeholders, including government ministers and other NGO’s
- We are now looking at properties adjacent to Plato’s Academy Park, for the new conference centre
- We’ve secured initial startup funding for the project, and have started implementing our communications and social media strategy
- Our website has been published, and social media accounts created, featuring interviews and other original content
- We’ve started collaborating other organizations in order to organize physical and virtual events in 2022
Giving a talk or workshop at the location of Plato’s Academy in Athens would be a dream for me. I am in awe of Plato’s contribution to culture and learning…Mia Funk, artist and founder of The Creative Process exhibition and podcast
We are organizing physical and virtual events for 2022, which will be announced shortly. You can find more information about the project on our website platosacademy.org. From now on, we’ll be posting news and articles regularly there, and keeping you informed via our social media accounts. You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
How you can help
You can also subscribe to our newsletter, to receive regular updates about our progress.
Thank you for your support,